The new E & I Tech CalReportTool is ready to download for evaluation (Demo version, Rev. 5/24/2013). See Revision History below for the latest bug fixes and new features. Check back here for the latest revision.
Most calibration documentation programs on the market are very costly and not easily customizable. Some can be difficult to learn and modify if you’re not proficient with SQL databases and Crystal Reports. Simpler programs may only provide a few canned reports that cannot be modified.
E & I Tech CalReportTool is a low-cost yet customizable Calibration Report Tool for documenting Process Instrument Calibrations in the shop or the field. It’s based on the popular Microsoft Excel spreadsheet program used by most companies and is compatible with the free OpenOffice spreadsheet program.
CalReportTool allows for manual entry of your Calibration Data and automatic generation of professional-looking Calibration Reports with calculated results including % Error.
CalReportTool is ideal for small and medium plant workloads. It can be used for almost any process instrument including: pressure, temperature, flow, and level transmitters, transducers, signal converters and isolators, I/P and P/I converters, pressure and level gauges, temperature indicators, process indicators, analyzers, ADC’s, and DAC’s. It works for analog and for digital (Smart) transmitters.
View a Sample Report that shows Calibration Data formatted by the User.
- Reports can be customized with your Company Name & Address and/or Logo.
- Allows direct entry of Calibration Data without the need to record data on paper forms, reducing the chance for transcription errors.
- Data fields for instrument information including, Manufacturer, Serial number, Asset or Tag number, Location, Description, Input and Output Ranges, and Units.
- Data fields for calibration information including Calibration Date, Calibration Technician’s name, up to three Calibration Reference Standards, Calibration Procedure name and Revision level, Process Tolerance in % of Span (% of Reading also available), optional Notes, Calibration Interval and Calibration Due Date.
- Calibration data can be entered in mA for Process Transmitters (or optionally in V, mV, Ohms, Hz., counts, %, etc., or in Process Units).
- Calibration % of Span (% Full Scale) Error is calculated and displayed as each calibration data point is entered allowing the User to determine if the instrument is in or out of tolerance during calibration. (see Calibration % Error Calculations)
- Automatic calculation of Calibration Standard data (test) points from the Instrument range. This data can be overwritten by the User with custom or actual test point data (if the Standard test values are not the same as the nominal test values).
- Comprehensive test data can be entered for upscale and downscale tests in steps from 0 to 100% of calibrated range. This allows for Linearity and Hysteresis testing. 25% steps are recommended for cost-effective linearity testing of analog devices and most other process instruments.
- Up to 11 data points for various calibration schemes such as: 5-pt (50% steps) up-dn, 9-pt (25% steps) up-dn, 11-pt (20% steps) up-dn, 3-pt (50% steps) up, 5-pt (25% steps) up, 6-pt (20% steps) up, and 11-pt (10% steps) up.
- 11-pt (10% steps) up-dn As-Found or As-Left reports can be done by renaming the As-Found and As-Left data tables “Increasing” and “Decreasing.” Two reports would be needed for both As-Found and As-Left data in that case.
- Ability to clear As-Found or As-Left Instrument Data and calculations fields. This is useful if the As-Found and As-Left calibrations are done on different days or if only As-Found or As-left calibration data was taken. This prevents problems with the Calibration Error plot when there is only data for one series.
- Automatic calculation of Instrument Output and Deviation in Process Units.
- “F” in right margin next to a data table indicates a Failed Cal (Out of Tol.) point.
- Second page of the report has an As-Found and As-Left Calibration Error plot for easy interpretation of % Error, Linearity, and Hysteresis.
- The Error plot will include the number of data points entered in your data table and is automatically scaled for the instrument range and the maximum error.
- Two full lines for As-Found (Before) and As-Left (After) Calibration Notes.
- Fields for Calibration Technician and Supervisor approval names, or signatures, and dates.
- Option for Barcode entry of Serial Number with a low-cost scanner.
4/24/2013, Calculation of High and Low Output Limits corrected.
4/25/2013, Added Failed Cal flag and text.
5/4/2013, Modified to allow for deleting As-Found or As-Left data when only one set of data is available.
5/6/2013, Modified to allow up to 11 data points for As-Found and for As-Left data.
5/24/2013, Improved Company Address fields to allow for 3 lines.
None at this time:)
- Future App to print Calibration Stickers with Company Name or Logo, Cal Tech name, Cal Due Date, etc., with a low-cost label printer.
- Future CalRecallTool for scheduling and tracking Calibration Recall.
For more information on E & I Tech CalReportTool, contact E & I Tech by e-mail at email@example.com.
Comments & Suggestions:
Please leave your comments and suggestions with the Leave a Comment link below.